Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baptism . . .

Baptism . . . today is a day of celebration. My older brother, Steve, birthday is today. But that isn't the only reason to celebrate today.  On June 26, 2011, my oldest son Justin was baptized at Willow Creek. 
 

Willow Creek 


Justin with his small group 


He goes down . . .

Love this :)


Great memories! 

As I reflect on the impact this has had on Justin, and the friendships he has made and continued to grow in his own way I am truly blessed to be his mom.  

On June 26, 2005, I was baptised at Willow Creek (no picture).  One of the hottest days of the year !!! Timmy my little guy was only 6 months old.  I had the honor of being in a small group and being baptized with some amazing ladies.  

This was a God thing, not planned for us to be baptized on the same day 6 years later. 


The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.
Psalm 118:24


Justin and me :) 
Love this kid!! 

3 comments:

  1. Layla, I go to Willow, too! I missed the baptism this weekend. I am happy for your brother and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! To your son (baptism) and your brother (birthday)! My niece was baptized about a month ago, so I can understand the joy you have! It's such an incredible thing when you (personally) are baptized, but when another person close to you (especially a child) is baptized it feels so profound. At least, that's how I felt about my niece. The priest made a comment during the mass and asked all of us who were there, "what are we going to do to ensure the Vanessa (my niece) was going to establish and maintain a relationship with God?" I loved that he posed that question to us because every time I see her I keep that in my mind to guide me.

    P.S. it is great sitting by you in class and getting to know you better! It looks as if we have a lot in common! I'm feeling a MLIT 6 5k in the future!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so neat and such an amazing experience for your family. Our church does baptisms with only putting water on your head, mouth, eyes, and ears so I think this is such an incredible way in a lake! I love the cross too! What a special day for you!

    ReplyDelete