Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One of those perfect days . . .

I know all days aren't perfect, but for me I will say Sunday came pretty close! Months of feeling overwhelmed and crazy, I took a 'time out'. Have you ever done that? I would recommend for anyone. Sometimes, we need to step away for the craziness and just be. Just in case, I don't do this nearly enough. I put way too much on my plate. Heading back to my 'perfect day'. Sunday morning I woke up and went on a 4 mile run on Lake Geneva. I cherish my time in Fontana, and when I can wake up and enjoy a beautiful morning run I allow myself to just be at peace.
After my run, Timmy and I decided to have breakfast together. We drove down to Daddy Maxwells, the best breakfast place! I treasure going there and getting a port-a-prince feta omelet. Unfortunately, a 45 minute wait meant Timmy was not wanting to wait. We moved on to Starbucks.
When we arrived back to the cabin, everyone was ready for a beach day! Beach day means heaven, or close to. The whole family got ready and headed down to the beach. Loved every minute. We played in the lake, played catch, read a book, even my reluctant reader, Justin, was caught reading a book. Do you recognize it?
Timmy playing catch :)
We finished the day at Gordy's for dinner and ice cream ! We need moments to take a break from hectic life, reflect on our blessings and enjoy life. I don't do this enough, but plan on making a habit of taking 'time outs'.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you finally got your much needed time of peace, rest, and relaxation! I'm so glad you got that in before your craziness of moving! Thanks for sharing the beauty of the beach and growth of a reluctant reader. Now have fun resettling into a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read about how much you enjoy Fontana. My mom has been going up there since she was a kid and started taking my sister and I up too. I plan to take a trip there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layla, you deserved that break! The picture of you and Timmy at Starbucks is so adorable! Lake Geneva sounds like a wonderful place to take a break!

    ReplyDelete