Saturday, July 27, 2013

American Girl Overnight . . .


July 17 - 18, 2013

I adore my baby girl, Angelina.  I overindulge her to no end.  I probably do all my children.  There is something about having a little girl, I cannot put into words.  She drives me nuts at times (most of the time), but when she isn't around I miss her terribly.  We love to cuddle and go to Starbucks for our dates together.

A tradition was started years ago.  Every year on her birthday, my mom and I take her to American Girl in Chicago for the day.  This year she begged to do an overnight instead of a party.

We stayed at the Omni Hotel in Chicago.  They have an overnight package for the girls.

http://www.omnihotels.com/Home/FindAHotel/Chicago/SpecialOffers/AmericanGirlDoll




This welcomed us in the room.


Included a bed for the American Girl Doll and PJ's. 


Girls together with Saige. 


My favorite place to eat!


Love this face :)


Time for bed. 


We had a blast at American Girl.

Angelina enjoyed her 7th birthday!!  


Any fun stories you have with your mom or daughter, or father/son ?  Share!! 


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful mother daughter tradition! And when she gets older (sorry..you probably don't want to think of her getting older) this can turn into a girls night in Chicago. Thats what my mom and I have started to do right before Christmas. We go downtown, stay at a fun hotel and try out a "fancy" place to eat. Love all your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks like a wonderful, unforgettable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to have those special traditions. I agree, there is something so special about a mother/daughter bond. I am on the phone with my mom almost every single night and not matter what, our conversations can last for such a long time. One of my favorite traditions with my mom is to have our girls day on Mother's day where we go have brunch and get pedicures. We both look forward to it all year long.

    ReplyDelete